Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Possible problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I wonder why mine is so high. I'm not reading any newspapers, magazines, or comics, no. Most of my books are amazon e-books, although some are epub books that I converted to .mobi format and I have 3 pdf's on there. I'm not currently looking at them though. The book I'm currently reading is an amazon ebook. It's the only book I have been reading since I got the fire so I'm not sure why mine runs so high. Any ideas?
It may be that every time one opens the Amazon Kindle Reader, ALL book files are scanned. Thus, your epubs and PDF's may be soaking the battery.

You could experiment by removing all epubs and PDF's for a day and see what happens. If it makes a huge difference, then remove only the epubs and see what happens. Then put it back the next day and just remove the PDF's.

The difference between your percentage of over 47% and mine of .07% is huge. Something is causing that difference.

If non-Amazon formatted ebooks do cause a battery problem, then those, who use Calibre, may be in for battery problems. Many folks on this forum are complaining of very short Fire battery lives. This may be their problem. It may NOT be their game files.

I remember with my old Sony PRS ereader that, if PDF files were on the ereader, it had a tendency to lock up. Thus, their software was reading all their book files and the PDF's were destabilizing it even if one only opened their epubs.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-09-2011 at 01:59 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote