View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #50
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
... The hardest part will probably be to find out the password for your device.
The following script works on my kindle 3w and 3g for root password, (and on my DX and DXG):
---
#!/bin/bash
serno=$1
echo kindle root passwd:
echo fiona$(echo $serno | md5sum | cut -b 8-10)
---
It adds 3 hex digits to fiona password. The Sir Alex's KDT adds 4 hex digits, which do not work as a root password for my kindles. You can convert the 4 hex digits to 3 hex digits by removing the last digit from what KDT reports.

Although the 3 hex digit fiona password works on my kindles for both SSH and for the "login" command (and matches what "John the Ripper" finds when I crack my passwd/shadow files), I do not know whether I will need the 3 or 4 hex digit fiona password for serial port diagnostic root access).

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-01-2011 at 01:49 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote