View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #1862
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
You can check your kindle firmware version. I think the newest one broke the collections manager. Have you had the wifi on since the last time CM worked?

Personally I have the "back door lock" hack so that I don't have to deal with annoying updates that mess up my hacks.

Also, you say in another post that you don't use Calibre Kindle Collections? This particular thread is about using the Kindle Collections Plugin in Calibre. If you want info on using Collections Manager, go to the Kindle Developer's corner threads.

The slowness of using CM is due to the processor and eink functionality on the paperwhite, not to limitations of CM. Using Collection Manager with the Calibre Kindle Collections plugin has speeded everything up for me a LOT.

Yes to delete CM just remove the document. Your collections will still be there.
Interesting. Yes, I usually leave the WiFi on so that I can consult Wiki and other online sources. I do use Calibre, I just don't use it with collections. I've tried to sync the collections including importing the collections I have (had) on Kindle into Calibre, and the other way around basing them on the three deep Genre column I created in Calibre, but it doesn't work. I get a whole bunch of additional "collections" that are just book titles and no recognition of the collections already on the Kindle. I sort of gave up trying to get Calibre and Kindle to see eye to eye.