View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
NT reader app losing information?

Does anyone else have a problem with their NT losing ebook information?

It seems like every time I turn around, my NT is opening up to the front cover of the book I'm currently reading, rather than my last read location. I then have to find my place manually, which is frustrating enough, but I also lose all notes and highlights I may've made. My wife's NT seems to suffer from the same issue so I'm assuming it must not be something only mine suffers from.

Does anyone know what causes this or what we may be able to do to prevent it?

I haven't noticed a lot of patterns to this data loss yet but I have started to notice that it will definitely happen after having our NTs hooked up to our computers by the USB cable.

Any ideas?

On another note, on my Kindle 3, it would save all of my bookmarks, highlights, notes, etc. in a file called My Clippings. Basically this was just a text file with this information stored in it. I could go back a review notes I'd made, etc., even after the ebook had been deleted from my Kindle. Does the NT do something similar? If so, will someone please tell me the name and location of the file where this information is saved?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone may be able to provide.

Sincerely,
- Byron & Cari Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote