View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nicholson View Post
I posted on my blog about my recent visit to Borders and how it felt like a museum, but the most important thing was my 10-year-old daughter, a huge reader, was way more interested in the Sony reader that didn't work--she'd trade ALL her books for an e-reader. Her sample comment:

“I like the smell of paper, but I think this would be easier because you can read any book you want, and you don’t have to carry 3,000 books everywhere you go.” And she didn’t even read the marketing material. Her generation gets it.

The whole thing is at http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com

I believe her generation will not have the nostalgia that causes so many people to get fightin' mad over the idea their paper books will be taken away.

Scott Nicholson
Did you get her a reader or are you going to get her a reader?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote