View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
Gosh. Not in literal terms, I hope. Is this a result of prolonged exposure to eInk?
Failure to properly hydrate during extended reading sessions.

Seriously, I think that the price war is going to hit those companies who need a healthy profit margin to survive. I see most reading devices as a commodity, the thing you need to read your ebooks, rather than a "hot" or "cool" item that you pay a premium for. Those devices that aren't attached to a bookstore, that don't have ebook sales as a revenue stream, are going to have a hard time producing a device that competes on price and returns a profit.

If I were in charge of marketing the Kobo, I would look for opportunities for product placement in media. Not that it has to be woven into a storyline, but if a character could simply be seen reading a Kobo when the doorbell rings, that would be priceless exposure.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote