View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #15878
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
I started this one about two months ago but I never finished it. I read up to the chapter 'In the Nursery' (60%) and I stopped. I had only three chapters left. Nothing happens in the book! I felt like there wasn't development in the story to keep my attention. I still have the chapter bookmarked so maybe I'll go back and force myself into reading the last three chapters.

For me, it's the atmospheric writing (as well as the creepiness). Also, for some reason, it reminded me of Arthur Machen, in that the writing is very mannered.

The book is about 30 years old and I think it has been (or will be?) made into a film.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote