View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #16
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Font color, just in time.
Haha. I am not sure how flexible to make this one. Kovid said there was a stroke and a fill color. Do I need to offer both individually as options or shall I just offer a single color option? Also, is there a need for individual title/author/series colors, or just a single foreground color?

One thing I am going to add is a checkbox for allowing a user to "link" the fonts for title/author/series. So when checked if you want them all the same changing one combo will change the others to match. In theory I could do something similar for text on the cover.

Just got to figure out how to fit everything into the dialog Maybe I should give up on the 3 pane approach, and use 2 panes with the left pane being a tabbed one for all the pages of options and the right an image preview.
Quote:
Is there the possibility of using a books existing cover as the image, resizing it and using it as the image for a modified book cover?
I take it you mean the image at the front of the EPUB, in a similar way to how it can be pulled out of a format on the Edit Metadata dialog? I guess in theory it would be possible to do that. Though you would have the same problem it has of needing the user to choose which format to pull the image from if there is one available?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote