View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #30
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Open the browser of choice, go to http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/, and select your parameters. For font related issues I'd recommend CSS level 3, though in reality epubs need CSS level 2.1, which probably won't return anything useful for font declaration problems.
Do I set the "Medium" option to "handheld", too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
But be advised if it passes CSS level 3, it still may not pass epbub CSS standards. If there's an error there (apart from font declaration related errors) readers like Adobe will ignore youir CSS and substitute their own.
Well, that's kinda discouraging -- so I might get my CSS to validate, and yet it might still be "invalid" as far as epubs go? Is there not a CSS validator out there anywhere that's specifically geared for epubs?
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote