View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It is hard to guess what might be happening without knowing much more about your configuration. Mike-> Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit
That said ...

Have you entered and IP & port into CC? Mike-> Yes. I see there is a 'try autoconnect if IPaddress is not found" option. Should I enable that?
If so, and if this is required to work, then we can assume that something is a bit odd with your network. In particular, something is blocking CC's network broadcasts to find calibre. Whatever that "something" is might also be getting into the way.

Another possibility: CC will wait some 3 or 4 seconds for an answer from calibre. If the laptop is busy or must come out of a sleep or must be loaded from virtual memory then it might take longer than that for calibre to respond. If a connection fails, does another attempt also fail? If you bring calibre up to the foreground before attempting to connect, does it work?
Mike-> When it fails, the PC is awake, and Calibre has been started either manually by me, or automatically via windows task scheduler. I do not believe the issue is an overloaded PC because it seems fine when I've sat down in front of it and tried to sync and figure this out...

Debug logs might help determine which component is seeing what. CC's debug logs probably extend far enough back to capture a failure, so if you send one to me (erase the multipie.co,uk address) I might be able to give more hints. Of course it might also say nothing of interest meaning I might need a calibre debug log as well, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
debug log has been sent. Many thanks for your time and effort, however this comes out!
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote