View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #99
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I'm another of those who only has a small number of books on my ereader at any one time. Never more than 30 and usually only about 10 or so. I use Calibre to manage my library as it's far superior to anything else, and also because it's far easier to browse any large collection on a computer screen than on a ereader.

It's cool that you can pretty much carry your whole library with you, but I just don't see the attraction. I don't imagine those of you who do this only ever used to read sitting next to your bookcase or in your study/library just because you might happen to fancy reading a different book and therefore had to have it on hand in the same room as you? Or maybe you did! Each to their own I guess anyway.
The attraction...mobility. The ability to get up and go, anyplace, anytime, no advanced planning. Now either that appeals to a person, or it doesn't. <Shrug>.

(Phone rings..."Hey Ralph, want to go to the beach? I'll drive." Beach being 2 hours away, say. Response: "pick me up in 5 minutes." Grab my "go bag" and liseuse and boogie...)

It's something I never had with p-books. Always tied down to the baggage train.

Last edited by Greg Anos; 09-07-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote