View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) No there's no way to know how identify has been called

2) One cover per plugin is the rule.

I can change 1) quite easily, but (2) is rather more work than I'm willing to put in at this point. Still it should be a fairly easy patch if you are motivated enough to do it.

Though I think that even in the case of bulk metadata downloads you wouldn't want to return a match with no cover/poor metadata, so it is worth fetching all the editions and sorting the list. Run each individual fetch in a thread, so then the hit should only be a few seconds.

This is for example what I do with Amazon, even though their search engine returns fairly good relevance rankings.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote