View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #20
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Okay, I've read this through several times and it sounds too good to be true!! I just want to be sure I've got it straight before I remove my PW from its holy water bath, take off its garlic necklace and lift it out from its circle of salt (all there to prevent Amazon from having its way with my baby!)...

1) If (when) I install this, it will prevent Amazon from doing an auto-update without my permission so I can take it out of airplane mode and actually use the wifi feature?

2) If I wish to do an MR update, I can put back into airplane mode, disable this hack, add the MR update bin to the appropriate location and then do a menu>settings>update your kindle, then resart this hack? If Amazon has downloaded an update previously that did not run, do I need to delete it before doing an MR update?

3) If Amazon has pushed an update that this hack prevented from installing and I want it, I just do a menu>settings>update your kindle?

I think that's what I'm reading but I'm too giddy to trust myself on this one...could someone verify that what I think I'm understanding is actually true? Thanks!

Last edited by GoSharks; 02-15-2013 at 12:24 AM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote