View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
HEY, IT IS NOT AGAINST US. Obviously (but it took me one hore walking/thinking) any crack would not bother on installing a .ipkg, it is too critical. And not exacly this .ipkd in any case.

So what is it? It is a tool to remove Irex's own backdoor. It means that irex service will be able to reinstall the package, perhaps remotely, perhaps from a key combination if it is already inside. And it is a security requirement to remove the package on restart even if the engineer forgets to do it.

(The other possibility is that it is a script done as result of lack of coordination between the hierarchy of analysts and programmers at iRex, and while it is typical of a big company, it should be surprising in a small intimate one as iRex is. On the other hand, if it is happening, it could signal corporate paranoia... for instance, any engineer at iRex acting on this forum or trying to contact any member this forum would risk punitive measures and so on. I have seen it to happen in corporate entities and I hope it will not move in this direction)

Last edited by arivero; 08-16-2006 at 03:13 PM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote