Thread: Embedding fonts
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not seeing the expected behavior either, Kovid.

After adding the font file, it immediately appears in the "Files Browser" under Fonts; but in the OPF file, it's manifested as being in the same folder as the OPF file "../garamond-regular.ttf". No new css file gets created. Deleting the font file doesn't remove it from the manifest either. If you add the file again, you wind up with two entries in the manifest.

1.25 (32-bit) on Vista.

EDIT: actually... no file deleted from the Files browser appears to be removed from the OPF until the book is saved and re-opened (but this doesn't work for the deleted fonts; their manifest entries appear to be well and truly orphaned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How are you embedding the fonts? I was referring to the action of Tools->Embed referenced fonts
I'm using File-->New file (images/fonts/HTML/etc. Or File-->Import files into book. Same behavior with both. In my case, there ARE no referenced fonts in my epub. I'm trying to add my own embedded fonts and use them. Is there another way we should be doing that?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-24-2014 at 08:21 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote