View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #23
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
I desperately wish that people introducing any factors at all not having to do with the book into their "reviews" were automagically banned from ever posting another. After all, if you're incapable of grasping that you're supposed to be reviewing the book and not Amazon, Whispernet or the postal service, then you're very likely too dimwitted to contribute anything of value anyway.
The opposite side of that is that the reviews for different versions are aggregated. If the Kindle conversion is terrible but the book is good, the Kindle version will be over-scored, and the paper versions will be dragged down by the conversion.

Personally, I'll always check the dissenting reviews. If the complaint is something stupid, it won't put me off. (If the dissenting reviews are the good ones, I'm probably not planning to buy the book. )
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote