View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcifer View Post
Thanks! The books were already in epub format but I used the conversion feature and the new copies seemed to keep hold of their covers. Any idea why that was happening with some books and not others? Will I need to do that every time?
I always do it every time. Then I know where I am at If I change a cover or series name etc. I reconvert. I have original_file turned on so calibre keeps (and uses) the original just in case.

If you prefer not to reconvert you can use the calibre viewer to see if the cover and metatdata etc. is embedded. If the cover does not show in viewer it is not embedded. You can see the actual metadata in the book by hitting the 'i' for info icon.

As to why some books and not others, probably some books had a cover already embedded that was similiar enough to any added/changed cover to pass.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote