View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
True it is one long story split into 7 parts, but other authors see how well a given author did with their story and try to replicate the author's success with what amount to clones. You see it often with a story that makes it big. If a vampire story rakes in the $$ everyone tries to get a vampire story published. Of course no matter how good the clones are the original of a story still stands above the rest. When 3 mile island went critical everyone tried writing stories about out of control nuclear reactors, but only one effort did well and that was the China Syndrome, which happened to have already been in production when the accident occurred I understand. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery, but it doesn't make for a good book usually. TE is a very good book(IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Harry Potter is one long story, with what amounts to incidental subplots in each book.
I think it's a pretty rich and well told story, though I'm going mostly on my wife's assessment, as I didn't particularly care for the second book, and stopped reading them.
I prefer the movies.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote