View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #44
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just curious, are those prices the list price or are they because of a retailers ability to discount? Most of the Hamilton stuff I see on the PanMacmillan site seems to have the list as paper or £1 less than paper.
I'm not sure you can tell, Amazon compare digital prices to print list, not digital list. The uniformity of pricing at £3.99 makes it look more like a deliberate plan though.

Looking at the PacMacmillan site, all I can say is wow, their business plan is clearly to sell to people who know nothing about eBooks and don't know to look anywhere else. When they are selling the same eBook at £8.99 than Amazon are selling at £3.99, it just makes you think they don't actually want to sell them.

[Just done a quick spot check of the PanMacmillan store for Tor books, and for each one I checked, Amazon will sell you the eBook for less than half the price that PM will sell you the pBook.]

Last edited by murraypaul; 04-29-2013 at 01:50 PM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote