View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #20
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Amen. Well I guess we can't really blame them, they did put their asses on the line a few times and fought them in court. But eventually the owners of the pirate bay had to admit that eventually corporations would win.

I have no problem with copyright laws up to a point. The problem is the fact that corporations have extended copyright to such an extent that it's not good for the distribution of knowledge and doesn't keep up with the available technologies. The petitioned for longer and more restrictive copyright laws and the courts gave it to them. The pirate bay was one of the few to say no, we don't accept those laws and will fight you.
Exactly. The fight was long and hard and...lost. Such a sad day for internet freedom of speech.

Oh, and by the by, if I haven't mentioned it before, is your username taken from the most excellent band Fugazi? If so, there will be Karma coming your way
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote