Thread: Troubleshooting PW embedded fonts?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
morrow
Enthusiast
morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/PW/KV
PW embedded fonts?

I was under the understanding that a feature of paperwhite was that it recognizes embedded fonts from ebooks. I decided to gave it a test, and even though the resulting font was shown on sigil and calibre, however when it was converted and transferred to paperwhite, it doesn't show the new font. My question is, did do something wrong or paperwhite simply does not have this feature.

note: the font I used was from dafont.com.
note 2: even though the font was shown, when I validate the file in sigil, it had this error "the resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but is unreachable (it's unused)", the line is "N/A" and the file is "OEBPS/Fonts/plainblack.otf".
morrow is offline   Reply With Quote