View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Average Ebook Cost

I've been keeping track of the books I've read this year, along with the price I've paid. Most of my purchases are at fictionwise.com and webscription.net.

So far this year, I've read 52 books at an average cost of $2.99

These are mostly modern SF/Fantasy, with an occasional classic, although only three have been free (promotional or out of copyright) books.

My most expensive book so far this year was The Girl Who Married a Lion by Alexander McCall Smith at $7.61. Oddly, also one of my lowest rated (although I loved his No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency books). Two were just $0.95 - my lowest non-free price this year: Inferno by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle and Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie.

I fear that with publishers starting to control retail prices directly ("agency model"), my average ebook price will rise once I start buying again. But since I have over 400 ebooks in my TBR folder, I don't anticipate buying many more ebooks in the near future!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote