View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #184
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
Hi folks,
longtime lurker, but just started posting...

just bought 2 Glo's (for my sister and me) and I have noticed how much faster it is than my KT (though it is still on FW 2.0.). The light is also nice, but would like it to go still dimmer. The one thing I like better on the KT, though, is the quilted backing. If Kobo ever makes the same sort of backing available later, I'll buy it.

I have had the spontaneous reboot issue 3 or 4 times since initializing it yesterday morning. In all instances, I was reading sideloaded epubs from an SD card. I usually use Calibre to handle these, but since I kept them all on the SD card in my Touch, figured I'd just eject the thing and transfer it to my Glo. Tonight, I may just hook it up in Calibre and wipe the card and reinstall all the epubs fresh while in my Glo.

The characteristics of my reboot issues (repost from another thread): often after turning on/off the light and turning the page immediately - i noticed the page was back a few pages after it returned to normal. And this morning, it froze after the reboot - for awhile i couldn't do anything, but i put it aside for about a half hour and then was able to shut it off - it was fine after i turned it back on (though, again, the reader was behind a few pages).

I figured I'd post details of the issues, since Sameer and other Kobo developers frequent this forum, it may help in identifying the issue.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote