View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmian View Post
Cfrizz: I was talking about the market for the physical item, the e-ink reader, in the US, not the market for ebooks. The e-ink reader is indeed becoming less relevant, but I don't think it's entirely irrelevant to the point where people will stop buying/making them. I agree that the ebook market will continue on regardless of the fate of Nook.
Well Sony is still in the game, and is always my first choice for an e-ink reader. However, my PRS-T1 is seeing very little use since I got my Samsung GMP5 and Nexus. It will probably be my last e-ink device.

There is also Kobo and I think a few others. I think if Nook disappears, the other e-ink will probably step up to the plate to try and fill the void but will have to drop their prices to do so to compete not only with each other but also with the continuing to grow tablet market.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote