View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #85
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I read quite a few amazing books last year, and can't decide which is the best. Can I recommend them all?

Of Mice and Men (John Steinbeck): classic, quite short, beautiful, humane.

The Return of the King (JRR Tolkien): classic, decent length

Sandman: The Dream hunter (Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Yoshikata Amano): Gaiman never fails to come up with strange stories.

Heir of Novron (Michael J. Sullivan): the last of Riyria Revelations (trilogy, fantasy). Satisfying ending. Sullivan has a way to make you care for the characters.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog (Muriel Barbery): great story about people and appearance.

All Quiet on the Western Front (Erich Maria Remarque): a classic about WW1 from a German soldier's pov.
I loved loved loved Of Mice and Men. Fantastic book. Haven't read any of his others yet, but that will change I'm sure.

Eventually I'll read All Quiet on the Western Front. Never got around to it for some reason.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote