View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #46
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
It is for my eyes. And yes, I have played with a Nexus 7, but I quickly realized the pixel density was not enough for comfortable browsing much less reading. Otherwise, I really liked the device.

Tablets featuring 1024 x 600 resolution were completely unreadable for me. Yellow halos around text, no matter what brand and an instant headache even trying to read on such low resolution.

Problem solved with my Note that has 288dpi. Even the Note2, while readable, is noticeably less sharp.

I would love to see more options for high resolution tablets and would be happy to pay for same.
I'm hearing this more often from people, but I believe that it is more psychological than physiological. The perceived (screen resolution + viewing distance) pixel density of an LCD screen on a laptop or desktop is lower than these supposed low PPI tablet screens, and yet nobody was claiming "notebook screens 1024 x 600 (or 768) resolution were completely unreadable for me."

But then again, maybe man has evolved over the last decade or so to have more sensitive eyesight.

Pixel density was not an issue until Apple claimed that it was when the introduced their "Retina" displays.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote