Thread: Literary Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #63
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the great insights, issy. I hadn't picked up on the anti-Semitism but of course it would have been there. (I think for example of Groucho Marx being refused membership of a swimming club and saying that as his daughter was only half-Jewish, could she join and just go into the water up to her waist. It's funny, but he was using humour to highlight prejudice.)

Yes, at the end I thought immediately that Dolores could not have lived much beyond Humbert, and that's why I went back to reread the Introduction.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote