View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Download stats, first 1/2 of June for the mirrored copies:
v1 - 100
v2 - 76
v3 - 40
Because this PDF document is a summary of what is already in the sticky, a lot of people download the images without the PDF document.

The images have each had many hundreds of downloads, and that is just the images I can see. Others have posted images too, which also have downlod counts I cannot see.

Including the fact that people who debrick regularly (developers) use images they already downloaded before, there may have been thousands (certainly more than one thousand) successful debrickings by now.

And this PDF file is so new, it is interesting to see that versions of it have been downloaded over 200 time JUST from the mirror (plus more from the original site).

Amazon knows we are helping them (I have spent hours on the phone with their "deep" techs discussing firmware and debricking issues). They tolerate our firmware images because they know we are helping them, but their legal staff never sent the written permission I had requested.

Anyway, let's not add roadblocks to newbies in the form of suggestions in the "poll". It is already hard enough, with needing to create an MR account to post here.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote