View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Im interested too. The topic of "what constitutes literature" could be of lively discussion. When I personally think of literature I feel it to be something that has meaning. Such example is The Grapes of Wrath I consider literature as it describes the feeling and struggle of people, where as The Da Vinci Code is just a story thus not literature. A Christmas Carol is literature, anything by Matthew Reilly is not.

But examples that are a grey area for me is like those by Jules Verne. Not really books that are life changing or have a life message but are considered literature by the masses. I could be wrong in my thoughts but it is something for discussion.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote