View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 04:36 AM   #9
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinNH View Post
Looks like I'll be getting a new laptop, and I don't have the $ to spend on MS Word at this time. In the past when I've converted fanfic to RTF files using OpenOffice, the conversion to RTF didn't pick up all the text in italics, etc., which was very disappointing. (MS Word does a nice clean conversion to RTF.) Does anyone know if Open Office no longer has that problem or how Libreoffice handles RTFs?
My experience doesn't match yours in that I rarely have the need to convert to rtf. Occasionally I convert from rtf to odt. However, I'd give LibO a test if I were you. A couple of months or so ago it was virtually identical to its parent, OOo, but there have been a few new versions, and the two branches are now moving apart, and the general feeling is that LibO is moving forward faster than OOo.

Personally I waited for the first non-beta version of LibO before changing, since I use OOo/LibO as my production environment.

The main reason for my change was the fact that LibO was more in the spirit of the original idea, an open source product. I am a little suspicious of Oracle's intentions with respect to OOo, and on present form, it's not even clear whether they have any. If they dump OOo, it could easily be re-merged with the new, improved LibO.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote