View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
The Sony challenge

Quote:
well it's better this way. now they can focus on the more important 600 version instead of the old and outdated 505series
Except that the Linux folks have made a tradition of keeping old hardware going with up-to-date software...

I would take up the Sony challenge if I could get a PRS-505 for not too much money. They seem to be going for around $300 on Ebay, that's too rich for me.

I have 30+ years of C programming, real-time and embedded systems, and I'm about ready to stop fighting management-imposed deadlines.

PS - Even if the chips are proprietary, they have to release the GPL code for the drivers and kernel. It shouldn't be impossible.