View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Adobe Reader for PPC

For the record, I have Adobe Reader for PPC (v2.0), which I occasionally use to read my own PC docs on the go. When I create a PDF file (from Word), I always use the "tagged" function, to create a reflow-able doc. The PPC reader has no trouble reflowing the text, and I can read quite comfortably.

Unfortunately, not every word processing program creates tagged docs as easily as Word, but if you have the full version of Acrobat on your PC, you can usually do it, and it works fine. Some untagged PDF docs (that you might get from another source) can be tagged by full Acrobat, but that often depends on how the doc was saved.

Either way, graphics can throw all of that right off... so it is better for all-text docs, or for docs where graphics are isolated from the text.

I generally find PDF reader works great for all-text docs, though the page scrolling gets a bit jumpy on my PPC at times (not sure if this is a PPC problem, or a Reader problem, but it did seem to improve when I updated the Reader to build 20040724).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote