Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Booklight?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Except it costs a bunch more.

Only once... where with the other Verso clip light you have to buy batteries for every time they die.

If you get a fairly slim booklight for an ereader, it'll use button cells- button cells which are fairly pricey and all look the same, so not as easy to obtain as good 'ol triple-As.
Get a booklight which takes the AAA batteries, and you're adding a fair bit of weight.

There's advantages and disadvantages to everything, but I like thinking of the long-term use and how much hassle I won't have to deal with later. The amount of time I've not spent looking for replacement button cells, the amount of money I haven't spent on replacement batteries of any kind, and the slim and fairly light form are all well worth it to me... but it might not be worth it to everyone.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote