View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #70
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
It's really funny that you put those two together. I bought "The Trouble with Physics" first, got part way through it and decided I needed more info on string theory first (Smolin is not in favour of the current direction of theoretical physics). So I went out and bought Greene's "The Elegant Universe". My house is still standing.

I just started back into Smolin's book. From the chapter titles it appears to get rather philosophical towards the end. So, by all means, get both. I can guarantee no ka-booms.
Well I bought them both (separately!) from Amazon last night. Unfortunately the Smolin's book was in the Topaz format which I had not check on before purchasing. Kinda pissed me off, but I was able to liberate it and convert it to an epub without any major issues (other than a few niggly format things).

And no matter-anti matter explosions or anything.

Thanks for the info/review.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote