Thread: iPad iPad and Future Shock
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
To my astonishment, we are now a 6 iPad extended family. My brother in law, sister in law, niece, my husband, and myself have all picked them up over the last two months, and last week my mother in law, who is the least technical person I know, decided she had to have one too. Realistically, she's probably the perfect person for one, as once she learns where everything is, she'll never change any of it. The limitations inherent in the closed app environment will never bother her, because she'll never bump into them.

I'll be interested to see though if she ever actually reads a book on it. Though my sister in law and I both tried to interest her in a Kindle, she couldn't get into the idea of reading from one. Now that almost everyone else in the family has given up paper books completely, she just might be persuaded.

Now to work on my father in law, the last holdout! LOL
That is awesome, Victoria! My company went all iPhone two years ago, and my extended family in the last year and and a half has all gone iPhone (that would be my brothers and sisters, and inlaws, as well as my immediate family). They all tried my iPad at the last get-together a week ago...and now most of them are planning to get one as well. Two have Kindles, and four have Sony 500/505s, so they are familiar with eReaders.

(Apple should have a referral program )
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote