Thread: iPad iPad and Future Shock
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
actually i was kind of surprised that my friend took to it so quickly. and was so interested in getting one so fast. i actually tried to talk him out of it (because i know i'm soon to become his tech support). he's a pc/windows guy and uses dial-up aol for his lightweight internet needs. i even tried to dissuade him by telling him that he's missing out on 1/2 of the ipad's use by not having any networking connection. he said he now has an excuse to get broadband. itunes does work over aol's networking, even if it takes a while to download apps, and he's able to sync up locally. he doesn't have use of maps, youtube, mail, safari and a few other apps, but he doesn't mind. right now he wants it for book reading, watching some movies (learning handbrake will be next on his list), and exploring what uses he can come up for it in education. he's already considering the VGA adapter to project presentations with. i did discuss keynote vs. docs to go with him.. guess i'll see where he goes with it all.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote