Thread: iPad iPad and Future Shock
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
lol. she's welcome to send them to me and go back to her stone tablets..

true story, this past friday night i had dinner with a friend i haven't seen in a while. he asked if i had heard of the "new" ipad, he's usually some 20 years behind in technology (he thinks universal remotes are amazing). i happened to have mine in the car and showed it off to him. i maybe gave him a minute of instruction on navigating and he started to touch, swipe and press. within 20 minutes he was asking if we could stop at a nearby apple store. he walked out that night with a new 64g wifi and spent most of the weekend reading some books, watching some movies and emailing me on what great educational uses he'd get out of the ipad if all his students had one.

funny thing. he never once asked about a manual.

Last edited by scottjl; 07-26-2010 at 06:36 PM.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote