View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Should I Be Worried?

I was reading the book Fatal System Error today and it occurred to me that I haven't seen an antivirus or firewall App for the iPad. I originally thought of the iPad as a book reader and with iBook and Marvel it does that job very well, but I'm finding that I use Safari almost as much as the reader programs so I have to wonder how secure it is.

Of course, the iPad is new but it doesn't seem to take hackers very long to crack hardware, operating systems and/or software. Should I be worried? Apple doesn't say anything (nothing I could find anyway) on their site about iPad security. What do the rest of you think? Will there be security apps coming soon? Or do we need them?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote