View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #72
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account.

Some years ago I kept getting emails to join various social networks. They all promised the same thing: better connectivity and an easier way to share photos. I signed up for one and realized that I don't want to share photos. I closed the account when they tried to connect me with people with the same last name, probably because they had nothing else to work with and I didn't invite people to join.

I talk to my friends and family via skype, email, telephones if I can't talk to them in person and I'm pretty sure that my grandmothers prefer telephone calls to social networking.

I think that social networks can create dependency. Obviously this isn't a problem if you're not using your account, but if Facebook is at the core of you social life then you can't just quit it. If you use your Facebook account to log in to websites then closing it deletes the information related to that website.

If a prospective employer thinks that you don't have social skills if you are not on Facebook you probably don't want to work there.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote