View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Amazon and Tax-Avoidance: Is it immoral to buy amazon?

I meant to change the title to Amazon and Tax-Avoidance: Is it Immoral? Too late now, I think.

Amazon's billion-dollar tax shield

Amazon accused of using tax loophole

Quote:
Amazon's Luxembourg arrangements have deprived European governments of hundreds of millions of dollars in tax...accounts filed by 25 Amazon units in six countries shows how they also allowed the company to avoid paying more tax in the United States..

In effect, Amazon used inter-company payments to form a tax shield for the group, behind which it has accumulated $2 billion to help finance its expansion.
Amazon and tax-avoidance. It's legal, but is it moral? Should we be buying goods from a company that is profiting from tax-avoidance to the tune of $2,000,000,000? I pay my taxes. Why isn't Amazon?

Last edited by Rizla; 01-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.