View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I would really love to see some alternative cover choices...similar to what the Nook is showing available on its site. There are a couple on there I would even pay the outrageous cost of because I like them so much.

I also saw on Amazon where there are Neoprene "pouches". I am considering getting one of those because while I like the look of the reader in the case it came with, I prefer reading with the ereader unclipped from the case. That way I can turn pages easily from either side of the device depending on how I'm holding it at the time.

And while this has nothing to do with the case at all...call me weird...I am in love with how this thing feels in the hand. From the soft touch paint to the size and weight. Very impressed.
Pocket Pros come with a cover and it's a pretty good one. Obviously opinions vary on taste but Stylz sells some covers as Sunspark wrote, above. They were developed for the BeBook Mini which does not have a cover when it's sold. But BeBook Mini and Pocket Pro are the same device rebranded by two different companies, one in the EU and the other one in the US. The Stylz covers should work equally well with either eBook reader.

To me, the default cover with the Pocket Pro works well enough that the cost of another cover seems unwarranted unless it is dramatically better. A company called Oberon makes covers for eBook readers that is interesting and unique enough to justify the cost (in my mind) but they don't make one for the Pocket Pro & Mini. They may make a model for us someday though.

This is probably obvious, but I'll say it anyway: with a device as new as the Pocket Pro is, it will take some time before 3rd party products for it emerge. Astak lacks the market strength of an Amazon or Barnes and Noble, so things like 3rd party covers were not ready at its release. It's a very good eBook reader though, so we're hoping that changes.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote