View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #45
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Great comment.

With this move, Amazon can accomplish some of these ...

-Move or motivate more people towards Amazon ebooks (buying)
-Ability to read on almost any hardware (all computers have a browser)
-Allowing iPad users to buy directly from the app.
I guess I still don't get it, except maybe for #3 above. On a PC, there has been the Kindle 4 PC reader (an eBook-specific browser if you want to call it that) available ever since the Kindle came out. I still download books to my PC for easier cataloging and control and then use my home wifi to transfer them to the Kindle of my choice. The Kindle 4 PC program (I don't like calling it an "app") does exactly that. I suspect it would run on any Apple computers that emulate PC software. If you're using a tablet, your mileage may vary if the K4PC won't run on the tablet. But with the pathetic battery life of the larger, heavier backlit tablets, you wouldn't get much reading time before having to find an outlet to plug in. I don't find them to be viable reading devices if for no other reason.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote