View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #41
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
At first glance it looks like the only way to credit my local bookseller for ebook purchases is to create a new Kobo account *boo* so I dropped them (Powell's) an email asking a way to link up my existing kobobooks account. Hopefully there is something in the partnership to allow for this, or if not a way for partners to complain and get it added.

I had envisioned a cookie that followed me from the local bookshop website, not an account tied to a single bookstore. The existing setup seems a very limiting way to do things for anyone that wanted to support more than independent shop, and for the shops themselves. What if I move? What if I forget I signed up with Joe's Books and thought I was supporting Jane's? What if I travel a lot and want to support the shop in the city I'm currently visiting. I hope there is some sort of co-branding/banner at least to give the customer a heads up.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote