View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Also I understand the Glo screen (like the Nook) is fragile so I wouldn't buy one.
Curious to where you're hearing that from? I can't say I've seen any threads or posts suggesting that in the Kobo forum here**. Only fragility to the Kobo screen is the glass substrate which is the same for pretty much all e-ink readers front-lit or not. Nook seems to be the only one that is developing bright spots from screen damage.

**- only thing I can think of is the rare "bright pixel" from a manufacturing issue, but that's an up-front issue, not a fragility in use issue, and really does seem to be rare.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote