View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #14
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i tried thw wipe saved conversion settings trick - no joy.

the root causeof the "bug" and I still consider it a bug - in documentation / code or both is this:

the mechanism used for set indents+remove blank lines ( a paired option - set indents is not available by itself) is:
add explicit margin top, margin bottom =0 definitions to every relevant css entry.
once that has happened the cascading css rules prevent p - whatever in extra css from overriding.

I was following a logical - fix one thing at time clean -up program
my step 1 was to standardise all my indents - so I ran all epubs through the set indent to 1em option ( wchih necessitated also having remove blank lines active)
by step 2 was to be set my preferred line spacings via CSS and that is where it all went pear shaped.

I did take a full backup beforehand so I could revert, but I decided instead to slog on & fix the line spacings book by book, and do a remove indent for 1st paragraph onlytidy-up at the same time - then flag which books I had optimised.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote