View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #13
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Most cruise ships spend 1/2 their time in port. Less fuel costs. When your in port cheap to free wifi is probably available ashore. They also sell books aboard cruise ships.
What you're saying here basically is : Hey, if the device you paid $100 for goes wrong, it's A-OK to have to run after an hypothetic free wifi spot (supposing there are any around. You guys may take it for granted if you never leave your home town/city/country but here's the kicker : it's not) or pay a couple more bucks on a paper book.

Well, I don't find it very convenient, for my part.
I understand the whole "they make profit over consumables, not the hardware" thing, many products share that very same economical model.
Still it would make sense that since our Kobo is compatible with one of the most standard format, ePub, it could be ready for use after unpacking, regardless of where you stand.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote