Thread: Silliness Towel Day! Show your Towel!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Towel Day! Show your Towel!

It's May 25th and - Towel Day - in remembrance of Douglas Adams and his work.

So apart from the normal reason to carry a towel (being prepared for a bunch of Vogons on the loose blasting away your home planet and forcing you to enter on a prolonged space trip) today by carrying a towel you can show your appreciation of the master and his works too.

I have to admit that I nearly forgot about it, so for today I have to settle with a small (used ) orange hand towel that I exchanged for a new one this morning when I dropped my son off at the Kindergarten. It carries some interesting smells and seems suitable only for innergalactic short distance travel, but better than nothing.

So this will be with me here in my office for today .

Edit: The Telegraph- (of all newspapers ) techblog reminds us of the the remarkable piece "How to Stop Worrying and Learn to Love the Internet", Adams wrote back in Summer 1999 (!). Still a good read too.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 05-25-2010 at 08:52 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote