View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #21494
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
good for you! (but you're still not telling anyone are you)

even a garbage bag works. when I do the "hug-a-tree" presentation for kids, that is what I teach
Holy mindreader, batwoman.......how did you guess? No. Because I don't want to. Which is probably why I get so upset when I see others on a trail......"hey you kids! Get off my lawn!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Wonderful news, DG! I'm happy that you can now explore Inner Space! Here's another small suggestion... Pick up a disposable space blanket (about $3) a small pocket-sized flashlight ( but get a good one,) and a Bic lighter. Spend 30 minutes on the net and learn how to make an emergency fire even in the rain, and practice once or twice. Personally, I also carry a small Fire Steel or a Flint and Striker as I don't trust a lighter to work when it gets wet. These take up almost no room and weigh just a few ounces.

Between these three, should you have to spend the night in the woods, you will be warm and dry, and have enough light to read for a few hours before you go to sleep! Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Got the small flashlight, fits on the belt. This one: the QV7
http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...89&cat=52&ap=1

More than I'll need, I'm sure, but handy. And Stitchawl? The WOODS? I'm in the desert mountains. Just some scrub ironwoods and a few other oversized bushes........however, your advice is sound and those three items go in my daypack next.....thank you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote