View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #10
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
It seems to me that The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic have a very different feel from the rest of the Discworld series. I've tried to read those books so many times and have never ever made it through, and I know exactly the feeling you're describing. I wasn't quite bored, but didn't find it very amusing, but didn't know if I didn't like it. It nearly put me off Terry Pratchett forever until I was caught with nothing to read except Reaper Man, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I like the rest of the series quite a bit though, so you may want to check out one of the later books and see if you like those better. ^^
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote