View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Kindle 3 lighted cover.....issues?

Hi, I have just taken the plunge and ordered the Kindle 3 and the lighted cover....after years of being a Sony girl

Having looked further into the Kindle I have seen there was an issue with the hinge system on the previous kindles. It appears to have been resolved with the newer cover on the Kindle 2............this has plastic clips on the hinge system

I am wondering if the new Kindle 3 lighted cover will be okay or if it will cause problems as that has a metal hinge, to help conduct the current needed to power the light, I presume. Does anyone think it may cause new breaking issues if the hinge is metal going into a plastic case? I had a look on the non-lighted version but cannot see a pic of the hinge on that, so can't see if that is metal or plastic......

Just wondering if I may have made a mistake getting the lighted one, though I heard it was good from one preview, and seemed a convenient option.
I currently use a mighty bright with my sonys, but sometimes its a pain having the extra bulk, so this seemed great.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote